Electric vehicle technology is the next evolution of the motor vehicle, it’s vehicle 2.0 and the sooner we get our heads around it the quicker we can take advantage of it. Here are just some of the highlights of what is available now.
- Super efficiency – Equivalent efficiencies of up to 400 km/litre efficiency for bikes and 100 km/l for cars. Get ready for very low cost transport.
- High speed – Incredible torque and acceleration. Tesla are already are astounding the world with a 0-100 km/h times of 2.8 seconds in a silent production car.
- Long range – Vehicles that do over 400 km on one charge.
- High speed charging – Charging rates over 400 km/h.
- Low maintenance – less moving parts means long service intervals and simpler servicing.
- Super smooth – No noise and vibration electric vehicles are super smooth and quiet.
- Lowering cost – the market is growing rapidly and more manufacturers are engaging.
- The end of petrol – Some manufacturers are even saying they won’t be producing petrol vehicles by 2020.
- Zero emissions – Electric vehicles do not produce emissions in usage but the energy used to charge them often isn’t emission free. However, the rise of wind and solar power will allow them to be completely zero.
The electric vehicle is going super high tech with Google & Apple starting to get involved in driverless cars. The electric drive train makes perfect sense to use as the platform for this.
China has been running a wide range of electric vehicles for many years now and is spearheading the adoption of electric buses and cars for fleet operations as well as the production of batteries, controllers, solar panels and other components.
Tesla, Nissan, BMW, Renault and others are shaking this industry to the core with fabulous production electric vehicles being offered all over the world.
Charging networks are growing rapidly in developed countries.
It is clear that what happened recently to photographic film with the rise of digital cameras is now happening to the motor vehicle. It’s time to embrace the change. It’s time to go electric.